The FreedomCase gives you the freedom to use your Surface anywhere: an unique Microsoft Surface case and cover with adjustable angles.
The FreedomCase allows you to customize your viewing angle through a unique folding mechanism. The low profile, lightweight, and durable case integrates with your Surface’s kickstand and works seamlessly with or without your Touch and Type covers. A built-in stylus holder allows you to secure your stylus while charging.
- Adjusts to the way you use your tablet: multiple viewing angles and easy one-handed operation allows your Surface to adapt to the way you work, allowing you to use your Surface in any situation or configuration. It eases the strain on your upper neck and back, since you can properly adjust the angle based on how you’re using your Surface.
- Functional and sleek: low profile with enhanced functionality, the FreedomCase won’t get in the way when you’re ready to pack up your Surface and go. Adding minimal bulk at less than 3 mm (1/10th of an inch) thick and weighing less than 10 ounces, you won’t notice it in your bag. It doesn’t cover up your ventilation ports or screen bezel, so you don’t have to worry about overheating or framing your screen with an unprofessional, unsightly bulge.
- Add stability: the FreedomCase creates a more stable platform, allowing you to use it more effectively while on uneven surfaces (such as your lap).
- Better protection for peace of mind: the FreedomCase wraps around your Surface while not in use and closes securely with hidden rare earth magnets. Impact protection is provided by ABS panels and a durable polyurethane exterior. The interior is microfiber suede, so it is gentle on your Surface and prevents scratches.
- Secure your stylus and charge: an elastic loop allows you to secure your stylus while the charger is connected.
- Works with your keyboard covers: the unique design integrates with the Surface kickstand. It works with or without a keyboard cover (both Touch and Type, all generations). You can use it with the keyboard cover deployed or folded behind the Surface for use in tablet mode.
- Designed for Surface: the FreedomCase has been approved by Microsoft to be fully compatible with your Surface. We designed this with the Surface as our single priority, so you can be confident you will be receiving a premium product.
How was the FreedomCase created and how has it evolved?
Chris first had the idea for the FreedomCase (then called the Smart Surface Case) in May 2013 when he bought his Surface Pro. He discovered that the available cases had major shortcomings: too bulky, limited functionality, didn’t play well with the kickstand, wasn’t compatible with keyboard covers, covered up ports, etc.
So, he set out to create a better solution. Drawing from his background as an engineer, Chris started sketching out prototypes and purchasing raw materials to build his first case. Testing magnet placement for the case was also important as certain magnet placements had the potential to affect the Surface in undesired ways (namely, putting it to sleep).
In September 2013, he presented early prototypes to the Surface community to get feedback. He received an overwhelmingly positive response and continued to improve the case. Through December of 2013, and the creation of many different iterations of prototypes, we’ve arrived at something that is unique and refined.
What the Microsoft Surface community has been saying about the FreedomCase:
“I am most impressed with the stunning new angles incorporated in the FreedomCase… especially love how I can use my Surface on my lap or even when I am lying in bed.” – Elly C.
“That is amazing. Fits the keyboard, has magnetic clasps… THIN! Need. Now. I need it.” – John G.
“This version looks much easier to utilize the different viewing angles. Simple design, but incredible versatility.” – Neeraj A.
“The 82 degree angle will be wonderful for note taking. Just take my money!” – Derek M.
Which Surface models is it compatible with?
All Surface models will be able to use the FreedomCase. It will come in two variations: one for the Surface RT/Surface 2 and another for the Surface Pro/Surface Pro 2.
How can I buy one?
We successfully funded the FreedomCase on Kickstarter on March 15, 2014.
Additional pre-orders are available now, with product delivery estimated to be late May – early June, 2014.
Register for Updates
Get updates about the FreedomCase. Your email privacy is guaranteed.